Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Baseless Love - the Holy Words of Rav Kook, ZT"L



I wanted to share this quote by Rav Kook, ZT"L with you all, my friends:

"If we were destroyed, and the world with us, due to baseless hatred, then we shall rebuild ourselves, and the world with us, with baseless love" (Orot HaKodesh vol. 3, p. 324)

I was thinking about these amazing words. How can I implement this in my life? I thought of 2 eitzos that I'm going to try, bli neder, over the next two weeks, IY"H, during the bein hametzarim. First, I'm going to try to make it a point to smile at those I come in contact with - even if it's forced. How difficult can it be. And next, before I speak about another Jew, I'm going to pause for 3 seconds to make sure that what I'm about to say about this person is appropriate. Just 3 seconds.

It's not a groundbreaking program of ahavas chinam, but certainly something I can try to do to make my hishtadlus towards it. Perhaps you, my friends, can think of some more methods?

The time is now to build, before it's necessary to "re" build.

B'ahava.

1 comment: